Mortgage Underwriter at Pinnacle Lending Group, Inc.Underwriting | Las Vegas, NV
Come Join Pinnacle Lending Group, Inc. we are growing our Underwriting team!
*Minimum 2 years of Underwriting experience in the mortgage industry is required
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This position is responsible for analyzing and evaluating consumer home loan applications as well as the supporting documentation to assess Borrower’s creditworthiness. Types of consumer loan applications include, but are not limited to Conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA residential first mortgages. Must be able to recommend approval or denial of credit applications and provide written and verbal decision and documentation to support the lending decision.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of Underwriting experience in the mortgage industry is a must
- High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree preferred
- Experience with (AUS) automated underwriting systems
- Working knowledge of loan program products and services, and policies essential
- Thorough grasp of state and federal regulations is required as well as a solid understanding of HMDA, Regulation Z, Regulation B; the FHLMC, FNMA, FHA rules and processes
- Experience with Loan Origination Systems such as DataTrac
- Knowledge of paperless file environment and image software repository
- Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Internet Browsers
- Genuine commitment to customer service
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proven aptitude to work in both a team and individual environment
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Pinnacle Lending Group, Inc. * Perform mortgage credit analysis, with or without the assistance of an automated underwriting system to determine Borrower’s willingness and ability to repay the mortgage debt.
- Knowledge of FNMA and FMLMC documentation and general guidelines/standards. Experience with FHA, VA, and USDA is preferred, but not required.
- Validate loan application and supporting documentation and verify that the system of record reflects correct information. Update system of record when required.
- Review and validate income, asset, credit, title, value, and fraud reports.
- Ensure all required property information is in system.
- Look over all loans to substantiate that they meet Pinnacle’s underwriting guidelines.
- Pull credit report as required.
- Confirm government required documents are complete and accurate.
- Review title information and purchase contract, if applicable.
- Run and review quality control tools –i.e. FraudGuard and Early Check.
- Run, review, and interpret DU/LP/GUS/TotalScoreCard, when applicable.
- Document system with all dates and information.
- Certify system data integrity.
- May underwrite one or all of the following loan types: Conventional, FHA, 203k, VA, and USDA based on lending authority levels (underwritten loans must meet all quality standards established by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, and USDA).
- Maintain production standard goals as established by management.
- Ability to act as FHA, DE, and/or VA Automatic and SAR Underwriter, if not, should be pursuing these designations (based on lending authority level).
- Order and review MI based on loan program. Ensure that system of record matches MI certificate.
- Approve/deny loans and update the system accordingly with P.A.C.E comments.
- Re-underwrite loans when additional information has been received.
- May be asked to second sign loan decisions for lower level authority underwriters.
- May occasionally be required to provide training for and mentoring to Junior Underwriters and newly hired Senior Underwriters.
- Answer and research general underwriting scenario and guideline questions via email and phone.
- Complete all required underwriting worksheets and checklists - i.e. Income Worksheet, QM/ATR checklist.
- Assist in resolving branch post-closing suspense issues.
- Must be able to evaluate and analyze complex income tax returns to establish qualifying income.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a fulltime position